GAVS Technologies has rich experience in implementing DWBI projects of various complexities for its customers across the world. We have a dedicated DWBI Practice for designing and deploying client centric Data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
GAVS has developed data warehouse solutions that enable integration and consolidation of large volume of data from heterogeneous source to fulfill the customerís day to day reporting needs and aiding them to take strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
Our services are characterized by mature processes, proprietary methodologies and an optimal onshore-offshore mix.
GAVS Consulting Services encompass low-risk, high-impact, short-cycle diagnostic and assessment studies that facilitate the execution of a client organizationís BI/DW initiative at its various lifecycle stages.
- Verification and Validation, a thorough testing of the data warehouse and business intelligence system is critical to success. We have rich experience in data warehouse testing, helping clients detect and resolve defects at a much earlier phase of the software development life cycle before exposing the system to business end users.
- Tools Standardization, our BI tools standardization assessment service is a multi-phased process that assesses the organizationís current and future techno-functional requirements, maps it to leading BI tools capabilities, considers a tools evolution roadmap and recommends tools for BI standardization.
- BI tools workshop, a data warehouse initiative reaches the success point only when it has been accepted by the user community. In order to reach to various types of users, it becomes absolutely necessary to have user base that is comfortable in using the deployed BI tools. In this context, GAVS can study and understand the BI eco system, user profile, etc and draft a training framework that closely aligns with the organizational training needs.
- Data Mart Consolidation, help client build enterprise data marts by integrating various departmental data mart using the bus architecture by identifying the reusable components and restructuring them to convert it into conformed dimensions
- Data Quality Assessment, we help organizations to discover, manage and monitor data as a strategic resource by implementing a Data Quality management program. The goal of our data quality program is to identify key business rules within the assigned scope, identify current data quality issues and recommend an implementation strategy.
GAVS Technologies Data Warehousing solutions span across the entire life cycle of building and operating an Enterprise Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence (DW/BI) system.
Based on our experience, we have evolved our proprietary development methodology - Incremental and Iterative Development Methodology (IIDM). This iterative methodology involves prototyping and refinement of BI solutions until it is complete, incorporating numerous checkpoints that ensure the final solution meets the clientsí requirements.
Our services include:
- Business Requirements gathering, the key for success to any data warehouse initiative is to gather the business requirement and understand the user expectation. We conduct requirement gathering sessions with various business groups to capture their requirement and understand the pain points of existing system.
- Data modeling, once the requirement are in place, the conceptual, logical and physical data model for data warehouse and data marts would be carried out. An iterative design approach would be adopted to revise the data models until it aligns with the requirements.
- Design ETL, we define strategy and standard for creating the ETL jobs. Establish guidelines for organization ETL objects, creating reusable codes, and implementing error handling mechanism. Construct ETL jobs for history and on-going loads.
- Data Quality, to ensure the correctness and completeness of data captured in the data warehouse, we perform data profiling on source data to access its quality and identify the issues. Based on the findings, the data cleansing rules would be defined.
- Data Delivery, the reporting framework and security model would be defined. Data cubes and various kinds of reports would be designed. BI workshops would be conducted to educate the users on reporting tools and how to interpret the data.
In todayís hyper-competitive marketplace, it is becoming vital for every client organization to meet the dynamic and burgeoning reporting needs of business and management users in a timely manner. Our global report factory initiative aims at increasing the report penetration at the user community and instilling confidence on the organizations reporting environment.
Our services include:
- Reporting Requirements gathering, we perform detail analysis to understand the end to end reporting needs of Client Organization at various levels like executive, manager, and informational works. Also carry out gap analysis to address the changing reporting needs of our clients using their existing system.
- Design Reporting Framework, where we define the reporting framework process from analysis to deployment of reports. Establish reporting standards and define template for every type of reports.
- Security Management, the BI security framework would be constructed to ensure privacy and confidentiality and to prevent unauthorized and inappropriate data access. Either Open or Closed security model could be implemented to control the BI application and content access.
- Construct Reports & Dashboard, the data from different operational and legacy system would be presented in an easy to understand format to make business decisions. We have expertise in designing reports like ad hoc reports, graphical reports, drill down reports, slice & dice reports, cubes and OLAP reports. And define KPIs, and construct dashboards and scorecards.
- Administer & Monitor BI systems, provide 24*7 production support to maintain the BI environments and to make sure the clients reporting needs could be meet around the clock.
GAVS has proven experience in providing post-implementation services for several DW/BI systems running on diverse technologies and complexities across industries. We have a flexible maintenance and support model driven by defined phases, and tailored to meet the customer's expectations based on their project requirements. Our robust maintenance and support model enable our customers to have visibility over the system, and ensure seamless transition to offshore.
Our services include:
- Production support, we provide 24*7 production support to monitor the ETL and reporting environments. Will address the production issues as and when it occurs, to reduce the business impact. We will establish process guidelines, methods, and approaches to resolve the issues in timely manner.
- Maintenance activities, the weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly maintenance tasks (like quarter close financial process, archiving history data, etc.) will be identified, documented and executed as per plan.
- Enhancement, to address the changing needs of the business from ETL and BI standpoint. New enhancement with less complexity would be addressed here. Customization of existing reporting would be performed in accordance with user requirements.
- Performance optimization and tuning, here the focus would be to identify the high resource consuming ETL jobs & BI reports and figure out the performance bottle neck. Based on the finding, optimization would be carried out at job/report level, tool level, database and server level.
GAVS capabilities in re-platforming, upgradation and migration enable our customers to migrate to new technologies, upgrade their current application to the latest versions, and add new features and functionality to enhance their BI systems.
Our services include:
- Migration of data to DW application from various legacy systems
- Migrating multiple technology environments to a single vendor platform
- Migrating reporting applications from older versions to the newer/latest versions
- Migrating monolithic applications to tool-based environment for ease of maintenance
- Migration existing DW/BI application to different OS, databases and BI tool